Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Weather Update For Week 3

It looks like there are a couple afternoon thunderstorms rolling in over the mountains today that could threaten races if they blow up enough.

It's only 2pm and we have three hours until the kid's race rolls out, so for now just be advised that there is the possibility of delays or even cancellations. Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook, and of course your weather apps.

We can deal with a little rain, but the biggest thing to watch out for is lightning. If there is a lightning strike within 6 miles of our location we must suspend activities until 30 minutes after the last strike.

Our CU representative uses WeatherBug to track the lightning.

3 comments:

cookiestar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cookiestar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cookiestar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.